To be eligible for Summer Housing, one of the following must apply:
- Enrolled as a summer term student
- Participating in a special summer research program at Trinity College
- Working as an undergraduate summer term employee at Trinity College
Other Trinity College undergraduates will be considered after those listed above. Otherwise, Summer Housing reservations are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. Space is limited; once the summer buildings are full, no other buildings will be opened for summer use.
Non-Trinity students who are not enrolled in summer courses at Trinity or involved with a special project affiliated with Trinity College are NOT elligible for summer housing.
May 2019 graduates will only be considered for Summer Housing on a space available basis.
Please read the following information very carefully before applying:
DEADLINE & APPLICATION INFORMATION
- All Summer Housing applications are due by Friday, April 26, 2019. Applications after this date may or may not be considered. Applications received after April 26th might be subject to a $100 fine, which would be charged to your student account. Please be advised that the later that you apply, the less likely you are to get the housing of your choice, and single rooms are limited. Note: If you are planning to register for summer classes, it is in your best interest to apply for summer housing by April 26, 2019. If you only decide to register for summer classes after this deadline, there will be a grace period until May 8, 2019 for those who officially register for summer classes where fines will not be applied to your account. However, you will be even less likely to be assigned the housing of your choice.
- After May 8th, summer housing is NOT guaranteed.
- If you wish to withdraw or make changes to your application (e.g. change in starting or ending dates), you must notify the Summer Housing Coordinator via email as soon as possible. Individuals who fail to contact the Summer Housing Coordinator with appropriate notice could incur a $100 late withdrawal fee.
- Any Summer Residents who vacate their Summer Housing earlier than anticipated without proper notice may still be required to pay the housing fee based on the original ending date.
Please read the Summer Housing Application carefully and fill out ALL sections. Assignments are made in the order in which they are received. Room assignment notifications will be emailed to your Trinity College account when your room is ready for occupancy. Every attempt will be made to accommodate any preferences that you make. However, room assignments are completed on a first-come, first-serve basis, as well as based on consideration of spring 2019 and fall 2019 housing.
Access will be programmed into your Summer Housing assignment only for the dates that you have indicated on your Summer Housing application.
Summer Residents are expected to be familiar with, and abide by, the Residential Guidelines and Student Handbook’s policies and procedures.
Summer Residents will be held responsible for the condition of their rooms at the time of checkout. Summer Residents are expected to leave their rooms clean and free of personal items and trash. A room left in an unacceptable condition will be subject to excessive cleaning and/or damage fees. Fees incurred as a result of damage or excessive cleaning will be posted to the student’s fall tuition bill.
There are four options for Summer Housing Payment:
- Summer Research Program – If you have been partially or fully funded for Summer Housing through the Summer Research Program, or an external grant, your Faculty supervisor must fill out a payment authorization form (link located at the bottom of this page). Please note that most grants are for 10 weeks only; please confirm your eligible weeks with your faculty supervisor. Additional weeks stayed will be charged to your student account. If a payment request form is not submitted by your supervisor, your Summer Housing application will be considered void.
- Department/Office – If a department /office employs you and that department / office has agreed to pay for your Summer Housing, your employer must fill out a payment request form (link located at the bottom of this page). Please note that employers do not always pay for housing for your full term of employment; please confirm your eligible weeks with your employer. Additional weeks stayed will be charged to your student account. If a payment request form is not submitted by your supervisor, your Summer Housing application will be considered void.
- Self-Pay – Payment for Summer Housing is billed through the Office of Student Accounts, NOT the Office of Residential Life. Your summer housing fee must be paid in full prior to the beginning of your stay. If you are opting for full or partial self pay, make sure to check your student account throughout May and June. Once the charge is posted, you will have to pay in full. Any payments that are returned for insufficient funds could void your application. You will have 5 business days from notification that your payment was insufficient to submit another payment to the Office of Student Accounts. If payment is not made, your Summer Housing assignment will be cancelled. If you have any questions about your billing or this process, contact the Office of Student Accounts (firstname.lastname@example.org or (860) 297-2028).
- A combination of the above (please review the notes for each category)
Payment is expected for all weeks that your belongings are occupying your Summer Housing assignment, regardless of whether or not you are in your room (i.e. you will be charged for housing even if you are away for a week or weekend on vacation).
Please note that Summer Housing is billed by full weeks (Sunday—Saturday), regardless of whether or not you will be moving in or out mid-week. Below is the list of billable weeks:
The cost of Summer Housing for 2019 will be between $165 per week.
TRANSITION TO SUMMER HOUSING
May 13, 2019—May 31, 2019
Summer Residents will not transition to their Summer Housing assignments until they receive notification from the Summer Housing Coordinator. No rooms will be ready for occupancy prior to May 13, 2019. Many summer rooms will not be ready for occupancy until closer to May 31, 2019. Summer Residents may stay in their Spring 2019 Housing during this transition.
Most residents will be contacted between May 13, 2019 and May 31, 2019 with their Summer Housing assignments and their anticipated move date(s). Summer Residents are expected to be on campus and ready to move during this time period. Most moves are required to take place within 1-2 days of notification.
Summer Residents must be moved out of their Spring Housing assignments by Friday, May 31, 2019 unless otherwise notified. The access to Spring 2019 housing assignments will be deactivated at 11:59 pm, May 31, 2019. There will be no exceptions.
TRANSITION TO FALL HOUSING
August 5, 2019 – August 19, 2019
Access to Summer Housing assignments will be deactivated at 11:59 pm on August 19, 2019. No exceptions will be made.
Please note that the transition date to Fall Housing is subject to change. The Summer Housing Coordinator will notify residents when their fall housing assignment is ready, and of any changes in the schedule. You may move into your Fall Housing assigment only after you are contacted by the Summer Housing Coordinator. Most transitions to fall housing will occur around August 18th and 19th.
- May 11, 2019 – Residence halls close at noon for all students except for those participating in Commencement and for Summer Residents who are transitioning to Summer Housing.
- May 13, 2019 – Transition to Summer Housing begins; all Summer Residents are expected to be ready to move within 1-2 days of notification.
- May 20, 2019 – Residence halls close at 9:00am for all students (i.e. predominatnly graduating seniors) except for Summer Residents who are transitioning to Summer Housing.
- May 31, 2019 – Transition to Summer Housing ends; access to Spring Housing cuts off at 11:59pm.
- August 5, 2019 – August 19, 2019– Transition to Fall Housing; access to Summer Housing cuts off at 11:59pm on the 19th. Summer Residents may stay in their Fall Housing from these dates onward without charge; those without Fall Housing are expected to vacate campus.
Summer residents will be housed in the Summit Suites, Clemens, and Stowe. The Summit Suites consist of air-conditioned singles and quads (four singles with a living room and bathroom). It also has one small community kitchen per residence hall. Clemens and Stowe consist of apartments with double occupancy bedrooms, private bathroom, and full private kitchen (stove, oven, sink). These spaces are not air conditioned. Due to limited space, we anticipate all rooms will be filled.
Applications will be dated and assignments made in the order in which the applications are received. If you wish to request roommates, please be sure that all roommates are individualy applying for summer housing, and are all individually listing their preferred roommates. They should all submit their summer housing applications as soon a possible. If there are conflicting roommate requests, then the requests will be considered void, so you should make sure you are in fully communication with your prefferred roommates. Roommate requests are not guaranteed. A group assignment will not be made until all applications from every member of that group are received. If a room is not filled to capacity, Residential Life reserves the right to fill any vacancy throughout the summer.
APPLICATION & FORMS
2019 Summer Housing Application
Check back soon for Faculty Supervisor Authorization Form (Must be filled out by faculty member. NOT by student)
2019 Department/Office Payment Request Form (Must be filled out by department/ office. NOT by student or student worker.)
Please contact Summer Housing Coordinators at Summer-Housing@trincoll.edu with questions.