Visa Information


  • All Trinity program countries require students to get a student visa to study in the country for more than 90 days. Each program country has different requirements so pay special attention to the information and deadlines provided by your study away adviser.
  • Students must apply for their student visas from the U.S., so make arrangements accordingly if you are studying for 2 semesters in 2 places.​
  • International students may also apply from their country of citizenship.​
  • Specific details and information on the Italian student visa process will be provided via email once students are accepted to the Trinity Rome Campus. 
  • Please contact the Trinity College Rome Campus coordinator for more information on the visa process. 

​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​​International Students on F-1 Visas:

  • Students who are citizens of countries other than the U.S. may have additional visa requirements and it may take longer to process the visa so factor in extra time accordingly.
  • If you will be outside the U.S. for five (5) months or more, you will need a new I-20 signature so be sure to see a designated person on campus before you leave.
  • Ensure that your U.S. visa is still valid for you to re-enter the U.S. after your semester abroad. Please consult your international student advisor on all questions and immigration requirements.​