Approved External Summer Study Away Programs

The Office of Study Away is available as a resource to students interested in studying away over the summer on either a Trinity program or an approved external Summer study away options . The OSA maintains a list of recommended approved external summer study away programs (see below), and the study away advisors are available to assist students with program selection, credit transfer, financial aid and other matters.

Required Steps for Summer Study Away

Students interested in participating in an approved external summer study away program must complete the following steps:

1) Make an Appointment with a Study Away Advisor

If you are considering  an approved external summer study away program, you are required to meet with a study away advisor. To schedule an advising appointment, go to our online scheduling system.  Please note that the advisors work with different areas and programs which are indictaed in the on-line appointment system so be sure to select carefully for the right person.

2) Submit Summer Request to Study Away 

All students must submit a Summer Request to Study Away PRIOR to applying to an approved external program in order to receive the College's approval for off-campus study. Summer Requests are relatively simple and are reviewed on a rolling basis. You may access the Summer Request to Study Away by clicking on the "Apply Online Now" button on the upper right.

Students can expect a response from the Office of Study Away within two weeks of submitting a completed request.

3) Apply to the Program of Choice

Once your Summer Request to Study Away has been approved, you may apply to the program of your choice. Please see below for a list of recommended  approved external summer study away programs.

4) Apply for Transfer Credit through the Registrar's Office

If you wish to transfer credit from an approved external summer study away program back to Trinity, then you must submit an Application for Transfer Credit to the Registrar's Office.  

To obtain approval, print off a copy of the Transfer Credit Application  and take it to your academic advisor.  Discuss your courses with your advisor and obtain his/her signature on the form.  If you are seeking major credit, you will also need the signature of the Department Chair on the form.  If you are taking a Mathematics course, you must obtain their approval as well.


Recommended Approved External Summer Study Away  Programs

The OSA generally approves summer study away programs offered by institutions and provider organizations on the  Approved External Semester/Academic Year Programs List.

Below is a partial list:

College Year in Athens - Greece

All students applying to an Approved External Summer program

must submit a Summer Request to Study Away before applying to their program:​


Summer Requests Due:

March 1