Social Events with Alcohol

Events with alcohol are controlled and overseen by the Office of Student Activities, Involvement & Leadership (S.A.I.L.) and the Director of Campus Life Initiatives and Social Houses. These events are required to meet certain standards and those planning such events must meet with a staff member in order to fully plan and register their event. 

All organizations looking to register these events must do so through their BantamLink​ page.  Some areas of planning that will need to be discussed are:

  • Wristbands
  • Alcohol - Beer & Wine only (Effective Spring 2015, NO open bars will be allowed at undergraduate student events, except for graduating senior class-only events, with the permission of the Director of S.A.I.L.). For all events with alcohol scheduled to occur in College-owned facilities, Trinity College Dining Services is the only vendor approved to serve alcohol. For non-College facilities, the bartenders must be TIPS certified and adhere to the social host policies outlined in the Student Handbook
  • Security - Student organizations planning events with alcohol are required to hire private security staff, as well as Campus Safety officers, as well as in certain cases Hartford Police officers and, if necessary, Aetna Ambulance services. The cost of this staff is covered through the Event Support budget of the SGA and is coordinated through the S.A.I.L. Office.
  • Facilities - Depending on the location of your event, there will be certain facilities needs you will need to consider. 
Student organizations or social/cultural/Greek houses that disregard the policies outlined herein will be subject to the student conduct policy and risk their organization/house having an event suspension enforced.​