- American Philological
Association. The main professional organization for Classicists and Greco-Roman
- American Research Institute in Turkey. ARIT
coordinates research by US scholars in Turkey in all periods.
- American School of Classical Studies at Athens.
of all American archaeological and research activity in Greece, the ASCSA publishes Hesperia
and various archaeological reports and monographs.
- American Society of Greek and Latin Epigraphy.
The professional organization for scholars studying texts inscribed on stone or other
internationale d'epigraphie grecque et latine. The main international organization of
- Association of Ancient Historians.
The main professional organization of Greek and Roman historians in North America.
- American Society of
Papyrologists. Papyrologists study texts preserved on papyrus, most of which of
necessity originates in Egypt. The ASP homepage here provides links to other
- American Historical Association. Most historians
- American Numismatic Society, collects coins and
supports numismatic scholarship from all regions and time periods, including Greece and
Rome. The site contains many useful links.
- Institute of Classical Studies.
Located at the University of London, the Institute publishes the Bulletin of the
Institute of Classical Studies and a series of Supplements, and holds seminar,
lectures, and other events of interest to historians of the Greco-Roman world.
- International Plutarch Society, will
soon include links to all texts of Plutarch in Greek and English, a bibliography of
Plutarchian scholarship, and other useful material.
- Classical Association of New
England, CANE, the local Classics association that brings together college faculty,
high scholar teachers, and folks interested in the Classics.
- Classical Links. A page providing
links to the homepages of many local Classics organizations (including CANE, the Classical Association of
New England) and to many other Classics-related resources.
- Die Oesterrischische Akademie der Wissenschaften.
The Austrian Academy of the Sciences includes Kommissionen (divisions) devoted to various
aspects of the Greco-Roman world, including a Kleinasiatische Kommission for Asia Minor,
and maintains a press to publish the results of their research.
- Society for the Promotion of Roman Studies.
The Society publishes the Journal of Roman Studies, Britannia, and several
important monograph series. It shares facilities in London and a library with the Society
for the Promotion of Hellenic Studies.