Update — February 2017
Drafts of the reports by each of the five subcommittees are posted and available to read. Please share your feedback on the draft reports with the Commission using our online form.
As we look forward to Trinity College’s bicentennial in 2023, we need to plan for the future of our campus and community. A Bicentennial Strategic Planning Commission (BSPC) has been formed to guide plans in several areas of the College as we approach and enter into our third century. The Bicentennial Strategic Planning Commission is informed by many voices in our community as we establish our vision and priorities leading up to our 200th anniversary. A steering committee and subcommittees have been formed to help the College address our planning needs and take Trinity boldly into the future.
This planning process is designed to reach the following goals:
- Articulate what is unique and special about Trinity College
- Develop strategic directions, consistent with our mission, to improve the quality and sustainability of the College and community
- Define processes for setting priorities and making decisions
- Determine metrics by which we will monitor our progress toward our goals
- Lay the groundwork for a bicentennial fundraising campaign
All of our bicentennial strategic planning will honor our legacy of academic excellence in the liberal arts, science, and engineering; promote a culture of respect and inclusion in our diverse community; strengthen both our engagement with the city of Hartford and around the world; and prioritize financial and environmental sustainability for the College.