About the Faculty Grants Office
The Office of Faculty Grants and Sponsored Research provides information and assistance
to Trinity faculty members in securing external funding and is responsible for processing
and monitoring faculty-initiated grants proposals. The responsibilities of the office
- Aiding faculty in the development, preparation, and submission of proposal for grants,
fellowships, and projects (including conferences, lecture series, seminars, etc.). This
assistance includes planning, editing, reviewing, checking the budget, and securing
- Assisting in identifying and researching government agencies, private foundation, and
other potential funders for a particular project and coordinating with the Development
Office for faculty-initiated requests submitted to private foundations or corporations.
- Providing access to and technical support for on-line proposal submission, such as the
National Science Foundation's FastLane.
- Serving as a contact for funding agencies concerning proposal submitted by faculty
Maintaining post-award contact with faculty and with the college's Business Office, which
provides fiscal administration of the grant.
- Providing information about grants and sponsored research through workshops, meetings,
periodic targeted notices, and this website.
The Faculty Grants Office is located at 70 Vernon Street, 3rd floor. The director of
faculty grants, Cynthia Merritt, can be reached by phone at (860) 297-5347, by fax at
(860) 987-6220, and by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Links to related sites
Faculty Research Committee
Institutional Review Board (IRB)