Home | Officers | Events | Service | History | Pictures | Links


John Henry Cardinal Newman

The Trinity College Newman Club is the Catholic student organization on campus.  Named in honor of the late English Cardinal, John Henry Newman (1801-1890), its members seek to build the Catholic student community through spiritual, educational, social, and volunteer opportunities.

The first Newman Club was established in the United States and the University of Pennsylvania in 1893.  Since that time, ministries to Catholic students at secular and non-Catholic colleges and universities traditionally bear Cardinal Newman's name.

The Trinity College Newman Club was established in 1938.  The first Chaplain was the late Monsignor Anthony Murphy, and the first President was the now Rev. Bradford Colton '39.  The present Chaplain is Rev. Michael J. Dolan.  The Assistant Campus Minister is Daniel S. Matthews.

We are joined this semester by William Grothaus and Cathy Christianson who will be involved in Campus Ministry activities.