Music Library Association Annual Meeting
February 17 - 24, 2008 ; Newport, RI
Entrants must set lyrics to this Shantey tune (pdf format), chosen by the featured performer.
- Lyrics must reflect or involve music librarians and/or music librarianship.
- Lyrics must be humorous.
- Lyrics must fit the contest shantey tune (see link above).
- Entrants may submit up to 3 verses (stanzas) for the shantey.
- Contestants should be prepared to clarify by phone any rhythmic ambiguities or text underlay issues.
- Only one entry per person. Contestants must be planning to attend the Newport conference.
- Entries must be e-mailed, or sent and postmarked via postal mail, on or by 14 January 2008.
- Send entries to Carolyn Johnson, Contest Coordinator:
Greer Music Library
Box 5234 Connecticut College
270 Mohegan Avenue
New London, CT 06320-4196
- Please include your name, institution name, preferred email address, preferred postal address, and preferred voice phone number by which the judges might contact you.
- The decision of the judges is final.
- One entry will be selected for performance by the featured group at the Local Arrangements Committee party on Thursday evening, February 21.
- The winner will receive a prize pack of CDs featuring recordings by the various groups performing during the annual conference and a libation.
- Ineligible: Members of the LAC and judges.