The conference hotel will be the Hyatt Regency Newport Hotel & Spa, 1 Goat Island, Newport, RI 02840, located in the middle of Newport Harbor. All meetings, exhibits, and meal functions (including banquet) will be at the Hyatt. Because guest rooms at the Hyatt are limited due to a major renovation project in progress, additional guest rooms are available at the Newport Marriott Hotel, 25 Americas Cup Avenue, just across the causeway from the Hyatt. Complimentary shuttle service between the two hotels will be provided throughout the day.
Notes: As of February 6, nearly all rooms at the Marriott were sold out. If you need to find another hotel, please consult online services such as hotels.com or Expedia.com, or contact a travel agent for assistance.
As of January 24, there were unexpected delays in the renovation project at the Hyatt. More attendees than previously expected will be staying at the Marriott, which fortunately has guest rooms to accommodate the relocation of all existing reservations the Hyatt is not able to host. If your existing reservation at the Hyatt needs to be relocated to the Marriott, staff at the Hyatt will contact you directly to inform you of this. Your room booking will be transferred directly to the Marriott by the Hyatt, and the Marriott will provide confirmation of the change. Room rates at the Marriott are guaranteed at MLA's contracted rate (same as rates at the Hyatt). Please see this blog post for more information on the renovation delays, which was sent to the MLA-L list on January 24.
- In order to receive the conference rate, reservations must be made by telephone. There is no paper form nor can you receive the conference rate through the online reservations system. For the Hyatt phone (401) 851-1234; for Marriott reservations phone 1 (800) 228-9290 or (401) 849-1000.
- The Hyatt no longer has guest rooms available, and there are only a few rooms at the Marriott, as of February 6. Please consult hotels.com or Expedia.comto find another hotel in the area.
- Neither hotel can reserve guest rooms at the other property. You must contact the hotel at which you want to stay in order to reserve a guest room there. See the phone numbers listed above.
- At both hotels room rates are $115.00 (single or double occupancy) per night plus room tax of 5% and state tax of 8%. There is an additional charge of $25.00 for a triple and $50.00 for a quad. When making a reservation please reference “Music Library Association” to receive the special rate.
- The deadline for booking guest rooms at the conference rate is January 14, 2008. Reservations may be made later than January 14th on a space-available basis but will not be guaranteed the conference rate.
- Check-in is 4pm; any cancellations must be made at least 72 hours in advance of that time. Check-out is 11am.
Hotel features & amenities:
Hyatt Regency Newport – This hotel offers 264 elegant guestrooms featuring one king or two double beds most with waterfront views. T-Mobile wireless Internet is available for a daily fee ($9.99/day) in the guestrooms. A full service spa and salon ($8/day or $12/stay), indoor pool (no charge), fitness center, business center, valet ($22/day) and self-parking ($16/day), concierge service and complimentary shuttle to downtown Newport are also available. The Windward Restaurant with Newport Harbor views, Auld Mug Pub Lounge, and room service are all available for dining and entertainment on the premises. For more information see: http://newport.hyatt.com/hyatt/hotels/
Need a roommate?
Once again, Jane Nowakowski is graciously coordinating a roommate clearinghouse. If you need a roommate for the meeting, contact Jane by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone at 609-921-7100, x8305. She needs the following information from you: your name, how you can be reached, dates for which you need a roommate, and any other information that is important to you, such as: you're a smoker/non-smoker and prefer/need to room with the same; you're willing to consider a triple (or not); you can't share with someone who snores, wears perfume, etc. In return, you'll receive a list of others who are looking and will get to make your own arrangements. No one assigns you a roommate.