First Thing's First: Submit a Request to Study Away
Please note that all Trinity College students must first submit a Request to Study Away - and have it approved - prior to applying to study at the Rome Campus (or any other semester study away program). Trinity students who are eligible for study away (GPA of at least 2.5) are automatically enrolled in a a Study Away Moodle course that contains the steps required for study away at the college, including information on how to submit your Request to Study Away.
Trinity College students planning to apply to a Trinity College Rome Campus program for Fall 2016/Academic Year 2016-2017 and Spring 2017 terms are required to submit a Request to Study Away no later than Dec., 22, 2015.
- Minimum 3.0 GPA required
- No previous knowledge of Italian required. Visiting students
(non-Trinity) are welcomed on the program, and are encouraged to apply
- Each participant is required to have a passport that is valid at least six months beyond the end date of the program
- Trinity College Rome Campus programs are open to any U.S.
undergraduate student in good academic and social standing at their home
Required Application Materials
All students must submit the following materials in ordered to be considered:
- The completed online application
- One letter of academic reference from a faculty member
- Application questionnaire explaining your interest in applying to the program
Students can find the application materials and apply to the Rome Campus through the Trinity College Study Away online application system. Please begin by clicking on the link below and following the steps outlined below:
1) Click on "Trinity Students Start a NEW Appllication"
2) Follow the instructions to complete the application.
3) Send any hard copy materials (as instructed during the online application process) to:
Trinity College/Rome Campus
Office of Study Away
300 Summit Street
Hartford, CT 06106-3100
- Payment schedule: A nonrefundable $500 deposit toward the comprehensive fee is due upon acceptance of admission (if you are a financial aid student and the deposit would be a hardship, we can work with you). The balance is due in early August (for Fall students) and mid-December (for Spring students).
- Acceptance: Accepted students must confirm that they would like to accept their spot in the program no later than the deadline given in their acceptance email. Upon acceptance, each student must pay the deposit and return the signed legal release agreement.
- Students must enroll full-time: a minimum of four course credits, a maximum of 5.5 course credits. Every student must enroll in a course in Italian language or literature in Italian.
- Exceptions to established charges cannot be granted.