Application + Fees—Visiting Students (non-Trinity) Fall and Spring Semesters
Note that successful applicants will generally have a GPA of 3.0 or better and will have a good academic reason for studying at the Rome Campus. Also, please note that we have early admissions deadlines (see below), and the program is far less competitive for students who apply early because of the quantity of applications that we receive at the final deadline.
FALL 2013: The deadline to apply is Monday, March 18th. Please note that all application materials, including the faculty recommendation and transcript must be received by the 18th, so plan accordingly. The faculty recommendation is requested as part of the online application.
SPRING 2014: Students who apply by Monday, June 3rd will be notified of a decision in July. The final deadline to apply for spring term will be Monday, October 7th.
1) Request a copy of your official transcript to be sent to the Office of International Programs (address below);
2) Complete the Rome Campus application online:
- Click the link above.
- Bookmark the page before doing anything else. This is the page you must return to if you want to continue an application that you have begun and saved. DO NOT log in and then bookmark the site, or you will initiate a new application every time you visit the page.
- Click on "Non-Trinity Students Register" below the map of Italy (note that on subsequent visits, you will click on "Complete EXISTING Application" instead).
- Follow the instructions to create a profile and complete the application.
Send all hard copy materials (as instructed during the online application process) to:
Trinity College/Rome Campus
Office of International Programs
300 Summit Street
Hartford, CT 06106-3100
Nuts and Bolts
- Payment schedule: A nonrefundable $500 deposit toward the comprehensive fee is due upon acceptance of admission (if you are a financial aid student and the deposit would be a hardship, we can work with you). The balance is due in early August (for Fall students) and mid-December (for Spring students).
- Acceptance: Accepted students must confirm that they would like to accept their spot in the program no later than the deadline given in their acceptance email. Upon acceptance, each student must pay the deposit and return the signed legal release agreement.
- Passports: Each participant is required to have (a) a passport that is valid at least six months beyond the end date of the program and (b) a student visa. The passport is required for the visa application. Therefore any participant without a suitably valid passport must obtain one immediately upon acceptance of admission to the program. Instructions for obtaining or renewing a passport may be found at the state department web site.. Instructions for obtaining a visa will be provided after acceptance of admission to the program. Orientation materials are provided to participants prior to departure.
- Students must enroll full-time: a minimum of four course credits, a maximum of 5.5 course credits. Every student must enroll in a course in Italian language or literature in Italian.
- Exceptions to established charges cannot be granted.