Application + Fees—Visiting Students (non-Trinity) Fall and Spring Semesters
Note that successful applicants will generally have a GPA of 3.0 or better and will have a good academic
reason for studying at the Rome Campus. Also, please note that we have early admissions deadlines (see below), and the program is far less competitive for students who apply early because of the quantity of applications that we receive at the final deadline.
Spring 2015: Applications submitted by August 25th, 2014 will be reviewed first, with applicants notified of a decision in early October. The final deadline to apply will be October 1st, 2014.
The likely dates of spring semester will be January 23rd - May 8, 2015. Accepted students will receive details on the term calendar in their acceptance email.
Fall 2015: We are not yet accepting Fall 2015 applications (our online system will not allow you to select Fall 2015 as a term yet). If you wish to be notified when we are open to Fall 2015 applications (most likely in November or December), please email us at email@example.com and let us know so we can put you on our notification list.
Fall semester typically runs from the first week of September to the third week of December.
1) Request a copy of your official transcript to be sent to the Office of International Programs (address below);
2) Complete the Rome Campus application online:
- Click the link above.
- Bookmark the page before doing anything else. This is the page you must return to if you want to continue an application that you have begun and saved. DO NOT log in and then bookmark the site, or you will initiate a new application every time you visit the page.
- Click on "Non-Trinity Students Register" below the map of Italy (note that on subsequent visits, you will click on "Complete EXISTING Application" instead).
- Follow the instructions to create a profile and complete the application.
Send any hard copy materials (as instructed during the online application process) to:
Trinity College/Rome Campus
Office of Study Away
300 Summit Street
Hartford, CT 06106-3100
Nuts and Bolts
- Payment schedule: A nonrefundable $500 deposit toward the comprehensive fee is due upon acceptance of admission (if you are a financial aid student and the deposit would be a hardship, we can work with you). The balance is due in early August (for Fall students) and mid-December (for Spring students).
- Acceptance: Accepted students must confirm that they would like to accept their spot in the program no later than the deadline given in their acceptance email. Upon acceptance, each student must pay the deposit and return the signed legal release agreement.
- Passports: Each participant is required to have (a) a passport that is valid at least six months beyond the end date of the program and (b) a student visa. The passport is required for the visa application. Therefore any participant without a suitably valid passport must obtain one immediately upon acceptance of admission to the program. Instructions for obtaining or renewing a passport may be found at the state department web site.. Instructions for obtaining a visa will be provided after acceptance of admission to the program. Orientation materials are provided to participants prior to departure.
- Students must enroll full-time: a minimum of four course credits, a maximum of 5.5 course credits. Every student must enroll in a course in Italian language or literature in Italian.
- Exceptions to established charges cannot be granted.