Application + Fees—Visiting Students (non-Trinity) Fall and Spring Semesters
Note that successful applicants will generally have a GPA of 3.0 or better and will have a good academic
reason for studying at the Rome Campus. Also, please note that we have
early admissions deadlines (see below), and the program is generally less competitive for students who apply early.
Fall 2015 / Academic Year 2015-2016: The deadline has now passed.
Spring 2016: We are not yet accepting
Spring 2016 applications (our online system will not allow you to select
Spring 2016 as a term yet, and you should not have any hard copy
materials for that term sent to our office yet). If you wish to be
notified when we are open to
Spring 2016 applications (which will be in May 2015), please
email us at email@example.com and let us know so we can put you on our
Early Admissions Deadline: August 28th, 2015
Final Deadline: October 2nd, 2015
Students who apply by August 28th will have their applications reviewed first.
The 2016 Spring semester will begin January 22nd, 2016 and end on May 6th, 2016
1) Request that a copy of your official transcript be sent to the Office of Study Away (address below). You can usually find instructions to request an official transcript from your institution on your registrar's office web site.
2) Complete the Rome Campus application online:
- Click the link above.
- Bookmark the page before doing anything else. This is the page you must return to if you want to continue an application that you have begun and saved. DO NOT log in and then bookmark the site, or you will initiate a new application every time you visit the page.
- Click on "Non-Trinity Students Register" below the map of Italy (note that on subsequent visits, you will click on "Complete EXISTING Application" instead).
- Follow the instructions to create a profile and complete the application.
Send any hard copy materials (as instructed during the online application process) to:
Trinity College/Rome Campus
Office of Study Away
300 Summit Street
Hartford, CT 06106-3100
Nuts and Bolts
- Payment schedule: A nonrefundable $500 deposit toward the comprehensive fee is due upon acceptance of admission (if you are a financial aid student and the deposit would be a hardship, we can work with you). The balance is due in early August (for Fall students) and mid-December (for Spring students).
- Acceptance: Accepted students must confirm that they would like to accept their spot in the program no later than the deadline given in their acceptance email. Upon acceptance, each student must pay the deposit and return the signed legal release agreement.
- Passports: Each participant is required to have (a) a passport that is valid at least six months beyond the end date of the program and (b) a student visa. The passport is required for the visa application. Therefore any participant without a suitably valid passport must obtain one immediately upon acceptance of admission to the program. Instructions for obtaining or renewing a passport may be found at the state department web site.. Instructions for obtaining a visa will be provided after acceptance of admission to the program. Orientation materials are provided to participants prior to departure.
- Students must enroll full-time: a minimum of four course credits, a maximum of 5.5 course credits. Every student must enroll in a course in Italian language or literature in Italian.
- Exceptions to established charges cannot be granted.