The Trinity College Rome Campus, established in 1970, offers students an outstanding educational opportunity in the heart of one of the world’s great cities, where glorious treasures and haunting ruins of several magnificent civilizations are stage to a vibrant, modern capital.
Students enjoy a superb location, excellent faculty, a broad liberal arts curriculum, stimulating fieldwork in Rome, academic excursions throughout Italy and Europe, a variety of internship opportunities and the city’s unparalleled lively cosmopolitan culture.
In a typical semester, the Rome Campus welcomes approximately 60 participants, drawn from both Trinity College in Hartford, Connecticut, and America’s finest colleges. Visiting students have been an essential part of the program since its inception in 1970, and we welcome students from institutions all over the United States.
The environment at the Trinity College Rome Campus is cosmopolitan and will foster intellectual growth and intercultural competency. Our mission is to immerse students into the legacy of great civilizations, and prepare them to lead in the modern world.
- An idyllic campus, wired to the world, in the heart of ancient Rome
- Academic excursions to Venice, Florence, and Naples/Pompeii/Capri
- Art across the Curriculum - Courses on art for a wide range of majors
- Field seminars (political science, art history) with research in Rome
- A rewarding internship program
- Sharp clusters in Public Affairs (economics, modern history, and politics) and in Ancient Culture and Classics
- An outstanding director with over 30 years of experience
- Bright, motivated students from America’s finest colleges