Financial Overview


The telephone number for the Office of Student Accounts is 860-297-2027. Please do not call the Office of Study Away with billing questions!
  • Make your payments by check payable to Trinity College or pay online using the TrinBillPay system.
  • Non-Trinity College students must complete “The Financial Responsibility Agreement” form, and it should be sent directly to the Office of Student Accounts and Loans, Trinity Commons Room III, 300 Summit St., Hartford, CT  06106.
  • VISITING STUDENTS – check your home school for the billing agreements. Some schools now pay the deposit and/or tuition directly. Please be aware that Trinity cannot bill schools and families separately. (Ex. If Bucknell pays only the tuition portion ($10), and a Bucknell student is responsible for Room & Board ($5), both will receive a bill for the full amount ($15), and must submit only the amount you owe).
  • The comprehensive fee, less the nonrefundable $500 deposit, will be due in early August (for fall semester), mid-December (for spring semester) and by early May for the summer program.
  • Visiting Students will be billed by the Trinity College Student Accounts and Loans Office a one-time $25.00 transcript fee that will entitle students to unlimited transcript production services.  (Trinity College students have already paid this fee and therefore will not be billed again.)  We wish to assure all Visiting Students that there are no other charges in addition to the Comprehensive Fee for which the College will bill you.  As participants of TC/RC, you will need original, official transcripts from Trinity for graduate or professional school, for most scholarships and fellowships, and for many employers.
  • Send all payments directly to the Office of Student Accounts and Loans.
  • All payments must be received and cleared before you leave for Rome.
  • Any collection costs incurred by the College will be assessed to the student attending the program.


Financial Aid

The telephone number for the Office of Financial Aid is 860-297-2046
  • There is no Trinity sponsored financial aid available for non-Trinity students. Please consult your home campus for information relevant to your situation.
  • To Visiting Students only: if you expect financial aid from your home institution to be sent to Trinity to pay some or all of your TC/RC bill, notify the Student Financial Aid Office, Trinity College, 300 Summit Street, Hartford, CT 06106-3100 in writing that this will be the case.  Include a copy of your financial aid award letter from your home school for the semester.  If you or your parents wish to use a payment plan, you must contact the Student Financial Aid Office at Trinity at (860) 297-2046 to make appropriate arrangements with that Office.
  • Trinity students should contact the Office of Financial Aid for required documentation and information on how your financial aid package may change for your semester at the Rome Campus.



Refund of the Trinity College comprehensive fee will be made upon written request to the Student Accounts Office by students who wish to withdraw from the study away program.  Students who officially withdraw after tuition and fees are billed, but before classes begin, will be given a full refund minus the following deductions:

  • Students will be charged a three hundred and fifty dollar fee ($350) to cover administrative costs to the College.
  • Students will forfeit any applicable program deposit (such as the $500 Rome deposit).
  • Students will be charged for any non-recoverable program fees that have been paid in advance on their behalf.
If the official withdrawal occurs after classes begin, Trinity tuition and fees are charged as follows (in addition to the above deductions):
  • 1 day through 2 weeks 20%
  • Third week   40%
  • Fourth week    60%
  • Fifth week   80%
  • After fifth week  100% 
The refund option does not apply to students who are withdrawn or expelled by the study away program.