The Trinity/La MaMa Performing Arts Semester in New York City provides full immersion in the NYC theater, dance, and performance communities with the goal of fostering artistic, academic, and personal growth. New York City is the “laboratory” for our studies and artistic explorations. Each week is dedicated to a specific theme that connects all of the ideas and artistic approaches included. The semester culminates with an original student-generated ensemble performance event presented by La Mama, E.T.C. at one of their renowned theaters.
The Trinity/La MaMa Semester includes these exciting features:
- Diverse and challenging performance practice classes
- An arts internship at carefully selected venues throughout the city
- Attendance at multiple performances throughout the city each week
- Group and individual arts explorations of NYC as a field study site
- Master classes with an array of cutting-edge artists
- Guest speakers discussing contemporary performance trends
- A comprehensive integrating seminar on contemporary performance
- An opportunity to develop an ensemble performance piece that is performed at La MaMa E.T. C.
Please click here to read an article from The Trinity Reporter about Trinity/La MaMa’s 25th Anniversary