For many students, summer is the perfect time to go abroad. Whether you're looking to experience a new culture, learn a new language, deepen your knowledge of an particular area, or all of the above, Summer Study Away offers students an immersive experience outside of the stresses of the normal semester. For Summer 2015, Trinity College Study Away is pleased to offer:
TRINITY COLLEGE SUMMER FIELD SCHOOL: AKKO, ISRAEL
Located in the small city of Akko in northern Israel, the Trinity College Summer Field offers a remarkable Archaeology, Conservation and Heritage program. The four-week program examines archaeological fieldwork, conservation and heritage management in the context. Open to both graduate and undergraduate students, field school participants take part in excavations in the city of Akko, Israel, one of the oldest continuously inhabited cities in the world. Learn more...
TRINITY IN BARCELONA: LANGUAGE AND CULTURE SUMMER PROGRAM
Trinity in Barcelona is a highly-selective study abroad experience where city really becomes the classroom. Students enrolled on the four-week summer program will also examine Spanish language and culture from the unique perspective of Catalonia. One of the "world's primary laboratories of urban innovation," Barcelona is the perfect venue for students looking to immerse themselves in the identity, culture and lifestyle of this urban and global city that's truly one of a kind. Learn more....
TRINITY COLLEGE ROME CAMPUS:
SUMMER STUDY AWAY
Established in 1970, the Trinity College Rome Campus has a proud tradtion of offering summer study abroad options. The campus offers the outstanding opportunity to study in the heart of one of the world's great cities. This year we are pleased to offer two sessions:
- Three-Week Intensive Summer Program - one course
- Five-Week Standard Summer Program - two course
Students enjoy a superb location, excellent professors, a broad liberal arts curriculum, stimulating fieldwork in Rome and a variety of faculty-directed academic excursions throughout the city of Rome and beyond. Learn more....
ABOUT TRINITY SUMMER STUDY AWAY
Trinity College’s Office of Study Away administers several summer study abroad programs each year.
- Trinity Summer Study Away programs are designed and led by Trinity faculty, who accompany students overseas, teach classes, plan and lead cultural excursions, and provide ongoing logistical support to students as they adapt to life abroad.
- Trinity Summer Study Away Programs range from three-weeks to five-weeks long, across a wide variety of disciplines. Participants earn 1-2 Trinity College credits depending on program length (1 Trinity credit = 4 semester hours).
- The advantage of a Trinity Summer Program is the high level of academics that you expect from a Trinity course, ease in application process, the classes are all Trinity College courses and the grades transfer into your cumulative GPA.