The Office of Student Activities (OSA) encourages student organizations to host on-campus events. To ensure safety and efficiency when planning for your campus event, please keep the following guidelines in mind.
- All events should be registered online on INsite. Using your Trinity username and password, log onto www.trincoll.edu/in to get started.
- Please inform the OSA at least TWO WEEKS in advance to reserve a venue for an event.
- For cancellations of venue reservations, please inform us as soon as possible to free up the reserved space for others.
Times & Dates for Events
- All events that do not involve alcohol may occur any day of the week, while social events involving alcohol must occur on Fridays & Saturdays only. Please work with Romulus Perez at Romulus.Perez@trincoll.edu for questions involving non-alcohol events; contact Nora Huth at Noreen.Huth@trincoll.edu for those involving alcohol.
- Hosts may petition the Office of Student Activities to hold special events involving alcohol at any evening to accommodate those that include faculty and staff. All events that are approved on nights other than Friday or Saturday may not begin before 4:00 p.m. and must end by 9:00 p.m. The OSA will also take into consideration whether the petitioning group has demonstrated a good record of event management.
- Social events, if held indoors, must end by 2:00 a.m.; outdoor events must end by 1:00 a.m.
Guest Policy at Social Events
- Each Trinity student is allowed two visitors. Guests must present a valid State or College I.D.
- Guests must be over 18 years of age.
- For exemptions to the Guest Policy, please seek approval from a member of the OSA staff.
- ALL advertising must be reviewed by a Student Activities staff member. You must invite one of the members to your Facebook event for approval before inviting others.
- When you fill out an event request form on INsite, you will be given the option to have your event advertised on the Bantam Brief, Your Weekend Events, and OSA's Facebook, which automatically feeds into the Twitter account. The OSA will need a minimum of 48 hours to make these advertisements happen.
- Poster designs should be uploaded on INsite for further review and approval.
- Banners need to be approved by a Student Activities staff member before hanging.
- If you want to advertise your event on the Mather Dining Hall monitors, please e-mail Romulus.Perez@trincoll.edu. Please provide at least 48 hours notice for such advertising.
- The OSA will allow up to 50 FREE color posters/copies to go towards each organization's event. To do so, upload your flyer onto your INsite event and select how many copies you wish to be made. Finished copies will be placed on "WILL-CALL" at the Mather Welcome Desk. Up to six (6) advertisements can be posted throughout Mather Hall. Please have those six posters date- stamped by the Mather Welcome Desk.
Technical support for your student event (i.e. the set-up and use of microphones, speakers, iPods, projectors, projector screens, mixers, & other OJ equipment), may be requested by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Requests must be submitted at least 72 hours in advance.
Event Support is run by students, who, if requested, assist at all events that occur after 5 P.M. on weekdays & during all hours on weekends. The Event Support Team will provide set-up & trouble-shooting of equipment detailed above. Please know that as Event Support is student run, they occasionally may not be able to staff your event.
Please e-mail email@example.com to request technical support for your event.
Reserving Mather Lobby Tables
- Please contact the Mather Welcome Desk through firstname.lastname@example.org or at x2099 (i.e. 860.297.2099)
- Tables are reserved on a first-come, first-served basis.