Student involvement is an integral part of the Trinity College experience. The Office of Student Activities, Involvement & Leadership (S.A.I.L.) has oversight of more than 140 student-run organizations on campus; coordinates large-scale campus events such as First Year Orientation, the semiannual Activities & Involvement Fairs and Senior Events; coordinates the creation of the Ivy Yearbook; and provides a variety of leadership development programs and experiences for students.
In addition, the office provides oversight and coordination for two facilities that serve the Trinity community—Mather Hall and Vernon Social.
Explore more ways to get involved:
In support of the College's working goals and objectives, the S.A.I.L. Office will work to: Strengthen the Campus Culture through collaborative programming efforts, welcoming and friendly community initiatives, and the development of a leadership/mentoring structure; Ensure Academic Excellence through continued collaborations with faculty and academic-centered programming; Reach Financial Equilibrium through a structured and thoughtful budgeting process, as well as creating sustainable programming that will not impact our department budget; and Share Our Successes through assessment of our programs and services, strengthening our community engagement and outrach, engagement alumni and community members in current programs, and development of a leadership program that highlights the importance of community values.
- Student Organization Activation - Starting July 1, all student organizations should begin the reactivation/registration process for the 2015-2016 academic year. Reactivation and new organization registration will be done through INsite and is a mandatory process for ALL student organizations. Access to finances and the ability to reserve on-campus spaces will be held until reactivation is complete. The deadline for reactivation and new organization registration is Friday, September 25, 2015.
- Student Organization Trainings - The S.A.I.L. Office will host a variety of MANDATORY trainings on organization resources, as well as how to use INsite, the student organization involvement portal, during the first few weeks of the Fall 2015 semester:
- Student Org Presidents - TBD
- Student Org Treasurers - TBD
- Student organizations looking to sponsor a Fall 2015 event, Vernon@Night! or Mather@Midnight! event should submit an Event Proposal through their INsite page as soon as possible. As a reminder, you may request funding for Vernon@Night! and Mather@Midnight! events, up to $250.00!
Follow us on Facebook for event updates and more!