Student involvement is an integral part of the Trinity College experience. The Office of Student Activities, Involvement & Leadership (S.A.I.L.) has oversight of more than 140 student-run organizations on campus; coordinates large-scale campus events such as First Year Orientation, the semiannual Activities & Involvement Fairs and Senior Events; coordinates the creation of the Ivy Yearbook; and provides a variety of leadership development programs and experiences for students.
In addition, the office provides oversight and coordination for two facilities that serve the Trinity community—Mather Hall and Vernon Social.
Explore more ways to get involved:
In support of the College's working goals and objectives, the S.A.I.L. Office will work to: Strengthen the Campus Culture through collaborative programming efforts, welcoming and friendly community initiatives, and the development of a leadership/mentoring structure; Ensure Academic Excellence through continued collaborations with faculty and academic-centered programming; Reach Financial Equilibrium through a structured and thoughtful budgeting process, as well as creating sustainable programming that will not impact our department budget; and Share Our Successes through assessment of our programs and services, strengthening our community engagement and outrach, engagement alumni and community members in current programs, and development of a leadership program that highlights the importance of community values.
- Student Organization Activation - At this time, all continuing student organizations should be reactivated for the 2014-2015 academic year. Any that have not will be able to reactivate at the start of the Spring 2015 semester.
- Student Organization Rosters - The S.A.I.L. Office and SGA are updating the membership rosters for all student organizations. Please select the link above to print out a blank roster (or stop by Mather 107 to pick one up) and submit it to the S.A.I.L. Office by Friday, January 30.
- Student Organization Trainings - The S.A.I.L. Office will host a variety of trainings on organization resources, as well as how to use INsite, the student organization involvement portal, throughout the spring semester:
- Presidents/Treasurers ONLY - Tuesday, Jan. 27 6-7:30PM McCook Auditorium
- General Training - Thursday, Jan. 29 6-7:30PM and Friday, Jan. 30 5:30-7PM Rittenberg Lounge, Mather Hall
- Student organizations looking to sponsor an event at Vernon Social can still do so by submitting an Event Proposal through INsite! As a reminder, you may request funding from Vernon Social, up to $250.00, for your event!
- Student Leadership Institute: Coming in Spring 2015
Follow us on Facebook for event updates and more!