Summer Housing Information
To be eligible for a summer term room, you must be one of the following:
- Enrolled as a summer term student
- Participating in a special summer term program at Trinity College
- Working as an undergraduate summer term employee at Trinity College
Other Trinity College undergraduates will be considered after those listed above. Otherwise, summer term room reservations are accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. Space is limited and once the summer buildings are full, no other buildings will be opened for summer use.
Please read the following information very carefully before applying.
WHEN AND WHERE
Summer residents will be housed in Summit Suites and Anadama halls. Summit Suites consists of air-conditioned singles and quads with a single community kitchen per dorm. Anadama consists of doubles and triples with kitchens and no air conditioning.
Applications will be dated and assignments made in the order in which the applications are received. If you wish to request roommates, please be sure that all roommates hand in their applications as soon a possible. Roommate requests are not guaranteed. A group assignment will not be made until all applications from that group are received. If a room is not filled to capacity, the Office of Campus Life reserves the right to fill any vacancy throughout the summer.
SUMMER HOUSING CHARGES BEGIN MAY 19
Summer residents will not transition to their summer assignments until they receive notification from their summer area coordinator. Some rooms may be ready for occupancy prior to May 19. Summer residents must be moved out of their spring housing assignment by Monday, May 27. The personal access codes and IDs for summer residents will be deactivated at 11:59 pm, May 27, in their spring assignments. There will be no exceptions.
TRANSITION TO FALL HOUSING ASSIGNMENTS: AUG. 16-18
All codes in summer housing assignments will be deactivated at 11:59 pm on Sunday, August 18. No exceptions will be made.
Please note that the transition date to fall housing is subject to change. Area coordinators will notify residents of any changes in the schedule. The residence halls close on Saturday, May 11. Charges for summer term will begin on May 19 and continue to August 24. There is no meal plan. Only seniors, commencement workers, resident assistants, summer residents, and athletes approved by the Athletic Department will be allowed to remain on campus after noon on May 11.
IMPORTANT DATES TO NOTE
||Residence halls close promptly at noon.|
||Summer residents begin moving into their summer assignment when notified by the area coordinator that the room is ready for occupancy.|
||Students must be available to transition into their fall term room assignment or must vacate if they are not living on campus in the fall.|
||Students transition to fall assignments.|
|August 18-September 1
||Summer residents may stay in their fall housing assignments.|
||Residence halls reopen for fall term.|
RESERVATION & RENTAL CHARGES
- In order to reserve a summer term room, a completed Summer Term Residence Application must be submitted to the Office of Campus Life by Friday, April 19.
- Cost of summer housing is $145 per week (Sunday – Saturday). There is no meal plan.
- Payment for summer residence must be paid in full prior to the beginning of the summer housing term.
- If you are covering your own expense, please submit your payment to the Office of Student Accounts by Friday, April 19. Please note that any payments that are returned for insufficient funds will nullify your contract. You will have 5 business days from notification that your payment was insufficient to submit another payment to the Office of Student Accounts. If payment is not made, your summer housing assignment will be cancelled. Student Accounts will date the receipt of your application for assignment purposes.
- If your summer housing expense is being covered by a department (not a research grant through a faculty member), your department sponsor must submit an online Transfer of Funds to the Office of Campus Life. If a completed online form is not submitted, the application will be void.
- All summer residents will be held responsible for the condition of their rooms when checking out of summer housing. Summer residents are expected to leave their rooms clean and free of trash and garbage. Those who do not do so will be subject to excessive cleaning fees. Departments who have agreed to cover housing costs will not be held responsible for excessive cleaning and/or damage that occurs over the summer. Fees incurred as a result of damage or excessive cleaning will be posted to the student’s fall tuition bill.
- Any summer residents who decide to leave summer housing earlier than anticipated must contact the Office of Campus Life in writing. A $100 fee may apply to residents who need a refund.
- Your room will be physically inspected by the summer area coordinators upon your departure. Refunds will be based on the actual date that you vacate your summer housing assignment. Failure to contact the Office of Campus Life with a different departure date than originally planned will result in denial of a refund.
Please read the Summer Term Residence Application carefully and fill out the section on room/roommate preferences. Assignments are made in the order in which they are received. Applications are due by April 19. Room assignments will be delivered via email to your Trinity College email account prior to closing on May 11. Every attempt will be made to accommodate any preferences you make. Bear in mind, it is a first-come, first-served basis.
Your personal access code will be programmed into your summer housing assignment only for the dates that you have indicated on your summer application (and only for the weeks that have been prepaid). Summer term residents are expected to be familiar with and abide by the Residential Guidelines and Student Handbook’s policies and procedures.
The 2013 Summer Housing Application is now closed.