What is the Bantam ID?
The Bantam ID is your student ID card.
What are Bantam Bucks?
Bantam Bucks are a debit system, which enables you to use your Trinity ID at the Underground Coffeehouse, laundry and vending machines, the campus bookstore, public printers and copiers, the Health Center, Cinestudio, at several off-campus businesses (see below
), Peter B’s, Goldberg's On Campus and in any of the campus dining facilities including the Outtakes Store at the Vernon Social Center. Money may be put onto one of three accounts: Bantam Bucks, Dining Dollars, and Printing Dollars.
What are the accounts linked with my ID and what is the difference between all of these accounts?
Bantam Bucks may be used in all the places listed above; Dining Dollars may be used in the dining facilities and are sold at a 5% discount for purchases from $25 to $100 and 10% for over $100. The Printing Dollars account begins with a balance of $20 and is used for public printing only. Once the $20 in Printing Dollars is gone, your Bantam Bucks account is used to pay for printing.
How do I put money on one of these Bantam ID Card accounts?
For Bantam Bucks and Dining Dollars, machines known as Value Transfer Stations (VTS) reside in Mather Hall (adjacent to the Office of Campus Life, Mather 107), at 76 Vernon Street (Campus Safety), and in the library. Simply follow the directions on the VTS screen, which will allow deposits of $5, $10, and $20. Checks made payable to “Trustees of Trinity College” may be deposited at the Business Office. You cannot add to your Printing Dollars.
Can I add money to my accounts online now?
The Blackboard e-Accounts system enables Bantam ID cardholders (or the friends, parents, or relatives of Bantam ID cardholders) to deposit money into a Bantam Bucks account using Visa or MasterCard. To deposit money from a credit card into the Bantam Bucks account, you must enter the Trinity email address and the account holder's last name. Just go to tcommerce.trincoll.edu
How do I use the Bantam ID Card in the laundry machines?
Once you have put money onto your Bantam ID Card at a VTS, use the control box (on the wall of the laundry room) to first select which machine, and then simply slide your card. Use the help key if you need more information.
What are my choices for using a Bantam ID Card account in the campus dining facilities?
- Students that are on a meal plan can use their account called Chartwells Dollars in any of the dining facilities. Chartwells Dollars are funds that come with the meal plan and can be used instead of using meals.
- However, any meal plan, except the 19 Traditional will allow students to use their meals in the Cave and the Bistro as well as Mather Dining Hall. A meal is worth $5.00 from opening until 11 am and $5.75 from 11 am until closing. The meals that come with the 19 Traditional meal plan will only be accepted in Mather Dining Hall.
- Students can use Bantam Bucks in any of our dining facilities. However, another option would be to use Dining Dollars. Dining Dollars are funds added to a student account that can be used in any of our three dining locations. The only benefit of using Dining Dollars over cash or Bantam Bucks, is that Chartwells offers students an additional 5% on deposits of at least $25 up to $99 or 10% on deposits of $100 or more. Dining Dollars do carry over from fall semester to spring semester, but not from year to year. Dining Dollars can be added at any VTS, online (www.dineoncampus.com/trinity), or in the Chartwells Office (Mather Hall 2nd Floor).
Whom should I call with questions regarding the Bantam ID Card?
Please contact the Help Desk at 860-297-2100.
A Quick Overview:
Printing, Scanning & Copying:
- Laundry machines are Bantam ID Card only in most locations.
- Vending and laundry purchases deduct from Bantam Bucks account
Dining Services, Bookstore, Health Center, Cinestudio:
- The Bistro and Cave accept cash, Bantam Bucks, Dining Dollars, and meal plans.
- The Bookstore accepts cash, credit card, check or Bantam Bucks.
- Bantam Bucks are accepted at Health Center for supplies and medicine.
- Bantam Bucks are accepted at Cinestudio.
- Bruegger’s Bagels (S. Main Street)
- CVS Pharmacy (New Britain Ave)
- CVS Pharmacy (Maple Ave)
- First and Last Bakery and Café (Maple Ave)
- First and Last Tavern (Maple Ave)
- Goldberg’s Bagels (New Britain Ave)
- La Rosa Marketplace (Brown Street)
- A Little Something Bakery (Park Rd.)
- Racquet Koop (New Britain Ave)
- Sam’s Food Store (New Britain Ave)
- Shop Rite (46 Kane St., West Hartford)
- Speedy Food Mart (New Britain Ave) New this year!
- Trinity Restaurant (Zion St.)
- Tropical Tastings (Washington St)
- Wings Over Hartford (1026 Boulevard)
- Check balances and add money to your Dining Dollars and/or Bantam Bucks accounts at Value Transfer Stations in Mather, Campus Safety, Vernon Social Center and the Library.
- Check your balances, cancel your card, or transfer money from a credit card to your Bantam account at tcommerce.trincoll.edu.
- Replace a lost or stolen Bantam ID Card at the Help Desk, M-F 8AM - 4PM or contact Campus Safety, nights and weekends for assistance with building and dorm room access.