Phone: 860-297-2018 Fax: 860-297-2020
Hours of Operation : Monday-Friday: 8:30 a.m.-5:00 p.m. Saturday: Noon - 4:00 p.m.
Appointments are required, walk-ins are triaged and referred off-campus for urgent care or scheduled into the next available appointment.
After Hours/Sundays :
During the academic year if the Health Center is closed, a nurse will offer telephone advice. To contact the nurse on-call dial Campus Safety at 860-297-2222 and ask to speak with the nurse on-call.
The Health Center, located in Wheaton Hall, provides health care for all students enrolled in at least 2 classes. The center is licensed by the State of Connecticut as an outpatient clinic and functions as a primary care office for students, referring urgently needed care to local providers. The Health Center uses a fee-for-service billing model, similar to your home physician’s office. There are charges for office visits, laboratory services and pharmacy items. Students MUST present an insurance ID card at all Health Center visits. We will copy the front and back of the insurance. Should your insurance plan change, please provide your student with a current updated insurance card, if no card is available for the visit we will file a claim with the company you waived with and all unpaid charges will be applied to the student account.
The Center coordinates ongoing care with home providers and assists students with referrals to off-campus specialists using insurance networks as needed.
Our Services Include:
- The diagnosis and treatment of common health problems such as:
- colds, sore throats
- abdominal pain
- urinary tract infections
- sexually transmitted diseases (STD)
- menstrual problems, etc.
- Physicals and gynecological exams
- Contraception counseling and prescription including emergency contraception (i.e., "the morning-after pill")
- Confidential testing for HIV, herpes, syphilis, gonorrhea, or chlamydia
- Prescription delivery services through a local pharmacy; Walgreens
- Allergy shots by appointment