The Student Health Advisory Council (SHAC) is a student organization that promotes health and wellness on campus. SHAC sponsor events to help peers learn about being, staying, and getting health. Members serve as paid liaisons between Student Health Services and the student body, and provide guidance to the Health Services staff by helping to improve the delivery of healthcare and developing health and wellness programming.
Current Events - Spring 2013
This semester, members will be RED WATCH BAND certified to learn how to prevent peers from alcohol overdose.
Other events/programming include:
- Sexual Responsibility Week (Feb. 11 to Feb. 15)
- Eating Disorder's Awareness Week (Feb. 25 to Mar. 1)
- Health and Wellness Week (Apr. 8 - Apr. 12)
- Water project to increase potable water resources on campus
with SGA and ARAMARK
- and more!
Have any ideas? Share with us! Stop by our meetings or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Trinity's first Trialathon
- Alcohol Awareness Week
- Health & Wellness Trivia at the Bistro
The RED WATCH BAND Movement
The Red Watch Band is a movement across the country designed to train students with the necessary skills to prevent alcohol overdose related accidents and deaths among peers. Starting the Spring semester of 2013, Trinity's Health Center and SHAC will be holding training sessions to certify interested students.
Hands-only CPR certification
- Debunking first aid myths
You will leave with a heightened understanding of:
- standard drink measurements
Blood Alcohol Concentration (BAC) behaviors and
levels of impairment
- signs of life threatening alcohol overdose
- how to deal with someone experiencing alcohol
- how to prevent
toxic drinking altogether
NEXT TRAINING SESSION
Sunday, March 10th
First & Last Brunch will be served!
Email email@example.com by March 8th to register.
SHAC meetings are held every Wednesday at 7:00PM in the Jackson-Wheaton Lounge (the bridge connecting Jackson and Wheaton residence halls). All are welcome!
Interested in joining? Email firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up or come by our next meeting.