WGRAC Discussion meetings ~ every Friday, 12:15pm, WGRAC Lounge, 2nd floor, Mather! All are welcome!
PHAB~ Promoting Healthy Awareness of the Body: A student-led group that raises awareness and educates the campus community about eating disorders and body image issues while promoting active living, self-acceptance, self-respect and appreciation of size diversity. Programming this year will include: Love Your Body Day Walk/Run, Girlcott, healthy cooking classes, Health & Wellness Week, and more!
Meetings are held on Mondays, 5:00pm, WGRAC Lounge, 2nd floor,Mather
For more information contact: email@example.com
SECS - Students Encouraging Consensual Sex: A student-led group that organizes activities and programs to raises awareness of sexual and relationship violence on campus perpetrated against women and men: i.e. The Red Flag Campaign, Voices Raised in Power, The Vagina Monologues, Take Back the Night, and more! All are welcome to come! Meetings are held on Mondays, 6:15pm, WGRAC Lounge , 2nd floor, Mather Hall.
For more information please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org;email@example.com
If you feel you may have a problem with alcohol, drugs, or food, and are interested in finding a recovery program in the Hartford area, please visit these web sites:
- Alcoholics Anonymous: www.ct-aa.org
- Overeaters Anonymous: www.connecticutoa.org. OA is for anyone with a desire to stop eating compulsively, binge-eaters, bulimics, anorexics, and compulsive exercisers.
- Narcotics Anonymous: www.ctna.org
- Al-Anon: www.ct-al-anon.org/meeting/meetings.htm. Al-Anon is for anyone with a friend or relative who is an alcoholic.
If you want to talk with someone on campus with knowledge about 12 -step programs, please email: Patricia.Maisch@trincoll.edu, or Laura.Lockwood@trincoll.edu. Trinity College's Counseling Center is also an excellent resource.
WGRAC SPRING, '15 PROGRAMS
Friday, February 13, 8pm, Trinity College Chapel
Wednesday, March 4, 7:30pm and Sunday, March 8, 4:00pm, Cinestudio, Trinity College campus
The Hunting Ground
Producer Amy Ziering will participate in the panel discussion following the March 8th screening
Students with IDs admitted without charge
For more information contact:firstname.lastname@example.org
From the team behind The Invisible War comes a startling exposé of sexual assault on U.S. campuses, institutional cover-ups and the brutal social toll on victims and their families. Weaving together verité footage and first-person testimonies, the film follows survivors as they pursue their education while fighting for justice -despite harsh retaliation, harassment and push back at every level. Trinity College, with the support of CONNSACS and other sponsors, will host two sneak previews of The Hunting Ground, two weeks before its theatrical release on March 20, 2015. The Invisible War brought sexual violence in the military to the nation's attention. The Hunting Ground will likely expand the current national dialogue on campus sexual violence. There will be a facilitated discussion following each showing.
· The Office of the President
· Secretary of the College
and Vice President for College Relations
· Women & Gender Resource Action Center (WGRAC)
· Students Encouraging Consensual Sex (SECS)
· Connecticut Sexual Assault Crisis Services (CONNSACS)
· Office of Multicultural Affairs (OMA)
· Student Activities Involvement and Leadership (SAIL)
· Community Services and Civic Engagement
· Office of Residential Life (ORL)
· Trinity Institute for Interdisciplinary Studies (TIIS)
· International Studies (INTS)
· Women, Gender & Sexuality Studies (WMGS)
* Trinity Hillel