Notifying the College of the presence of a disability and obtaining accommodations is the student's responsibility.
- The student should forward the Accommodations Request Form (Accommodation Request Form - Academic and or Accommodation Request Form-Student Life ) and documentation of the disability to Lori Clapis, Disability Coordinator, in the Health Center. Please see the section on "Documenting Your Disability" for detailed information to ensure the documentation is complete.
- After documentation is submitted to the Disability Coordinator, the Disability Council will review documentation and determine any appropriate and reasonable accommodations. The Disability Council will review documentation promptly, usually within ten days of receiving it from the Disability Coordinator.
- The Disability Council will send an e-mail to the student's Trinity e-mail requesting that they schedule an appointment with a Disability Council member to go over the request, discuss the accommodations that may be granted, and explain other resources that may be available to the student. Accommodations will not be granted without this meeting.
- If a student qualifies for academic accommodations, they will be provided with an official letter from the college detailing the approved accommodations. Each dated letter will be valid for as long as the student’s documentation is considered current.
- It is the student’s responsibility to notify faculty of their accommodations no less than 10 days from when they would like their accommodations to take effect. If this is not done, accommodations may not be granted.
- The student should notify the Dean of Students Office if they are having any difficulties obtaining accommodations or if the accommodations have received are not meeting their needs.