Hurricane Sandy Updates
As of 10/26/12
Hurricane Sandy is currently moving up the Atlantic coast and is expected to have a significant impact on Connecticut early next week, beginning late Sunday. Although the precise track of the storm is not clear at this time, we believe that we must plan for the likelihood that severe weather will affect the Trinity campus and its activities. This weather may include extremely high winds, torrential rain, and possible flooding and power outages. Our top priority is the safety and wellbeing of the campus community.
Please prepare by taking the following actions now:
Plans for Students
- Review Your Evacuation Plan. Using the link above, review your personal evacuation plan. Take the time now to confirm your options in case it becomes necessary to evacuate the campus.
- Prepare a Relocation Kit. In the event that you need to relocate from your residence hall to another location upon notice from Campus Safety, prepare some items in advance. This kit should include:
- All medication
- Important papers and extra cash in a Ziploc bag
- Blanket, pillow, toiletries
- Change of clothes
- Something to keep you entertained (bearing in mind there may not be power)
- Cellphone and charger
- Nonperishable food and bottled water
- Rain gear
- Laptops and any valuables that may be in your residence hall room
In the event of a power outage, do not light candles. Use flashlights. Also, if you own a vehicle, please fill up the gas tank.
For Faculty and Staff
If you are leaving for the weekend, please remove items of value from the floor of your office and window sills as a precaution against flooding, drain back-ups, broken glass and high winds. Such items may include laptops and personal items of value. Also, unplug all computers and other electronics to protect them in the event of a power surge.
As circumstances change in coming days, the Emergency Management Team will issue further updates. Thank you for your cooperation.