1.) Check whether you are running Windows 32-bit or 64-bit operating system:
- Windows 8: From Desktop mode (if in Metro mode, click on the Desktop tile), and open the Charms bar (click on the upper
right corner of the screen). Click on the Settings icon and click on PC info. System Type will list your operating system type.
- Windows 7 and Vista: Click on the Windows logo and type system in the Start Search box, and then click system in the
Programs list. System Type will list your operating system type.
- Windows XP: Click on the Start Menu and then click Run. Type sysdm.cpl and click OK. Click the General tab. The operating system
is displayed as follows:
- For a 64-bit version of the operating system: Windows XP Professional x64 Edition Version < Year > appears under System.
- For a 32-bit version operating system: Windows XP Professional Version < Year > appears under System.
2.) Click on the appropriate link below to download the Pharos software for your operating system.
3.) After you download the file, double click on it to start the file extraction process. You may accept the default extraction folder or choose an
alternate Unzip to folder location.
4.) After the files have been extracted, it may take a few seconds for the installation process to start automatically. If it does not start,
browse to the folder that was created and double click on the LITCB_for_W2K or LITCB_for_x64 file to manually start the process. When prompted,
click the Install button to complete the installation.
5.) Open your print settings:
- Windows 8: Open the Charms bar and click on the Settings icon. Click on Control Panel and open Devices and Printers.
- Windows 7 and Vista: From the Windows logo select Devices and Printers.
- Windows XP: From the Start menu, select Printers and Faxes.
6.) Right click on the LITCBFLR printer icon and select Printing Preferences from the drop down menu. Select the Finishing tab
and for Document Options check the box Print on Both Sides.
7.) Click on the Output tab and for the Output Bin Options drop down menu select Left Output Bin (Straightest Path).
8.) Click OK. You will have 2 hours to pick up your print job once you print, after which time it is deleted from the queue. Please bring your
Trinity ID to release your job. Instructions for releasing your print job can be found at the printing station on Level B of the library.
9.) To print to the color printer on LITC Level B, download the Pharos color printer software for your operating system.
Follow the instructions above and for step 4.) the installer will be named LITCBc_for_W2K or LITCBc_for_x64 and for step 6.) it will be called LITCBFLC.
10.) To print to the printer in High Rise, download the Pharos printer software for your operating system.
Follow the instructions above and for steop 4.) the installer will be named HIGHRISE_forW2K or HIGHRISE_for_x64 and for step 6.) it will be called HIGHRISE.