1.) Click on the Windows logo (Windows 7/Vista) or the Start Menu (Windows XP) and select Control Panel.
2.) Open the Mail options. The shortcut to this will depend upon how your Control Panel view is set:
- If you see the Classic View displayed, double click on Mail.
- If you see the Control Panel Home, select User Accounts (Windows 7/XP) or User Accounts and Family Safety (Windows Vista) and then select Mail.
3.) From the Mail Setup window, select Email Accounts.
4.) On the Account Settings window, you will see other accounts that you have configured in Outlook. If this is the first account that you are setting up in Outlook, then you will see a blank field. Click on New... to setup your Exchange account.
5.) In the Add New Email Account window, enter your name and email address (alumni should use Firstname.Lastname.Year@trincoll.edu).
- If this is a computer connected to the CMPCNTR domain and you have logged onto the computer with your Trinity credentials (typically a college-owned computer) click Next and skip to Step 12 of these instructions.
- If this computer is not connected to the CMPCNTR domain, you must manually configure the email settings. Check the Manually configure server settings or additional server types box and click Next.
6.) Select Microsoft Exchange and click Next.
7.) Fill in the required information for the Exchange server and your account:
- Microsoft Exchange Server: ca.cmpcntr.tc.trincoll.edu
- User name: your Trinity username
8.) Click Check Name. If prompted, enter your credentials in the following format:
- User name: cmpcntr\username
- Password: your Trinity password
9.) Once Outlook has identified your account, your name will be displayed and underlined. Click More Settings. (Note: it may take time before the next screen opens.)
10.) The Microsoft Exchange Server window opens. Depending on the type of network you are on, you may see 2 windows prior to seeing the Microsoft Exchange Server window: one that says "The action could not be completed. The connection to the Microsoft Exchange server is unavailable. Outlook must be available or online to complete this action." and another window that shows your account information and a Check Name button next to it. Select OK to dismiss both of these windows.
Once you get to the Microsoft Exchange Server window, select the Connection tab and check the box Connect to my Exchange mailbox using HTTP and click the Exchange Proxy Settings button.
11.) For the Exchange Proxy Settings window, enter the following information:
- For the URL https:// enter webmail.trincoll.edu
- Check the box Mutually authenticate the session when connecting with SSL.
- Principal name for proxy server: msstd:webmail.trincoll.edu
- Check On fast networks,...
- Check On slow networks,...
- Change the authentication drop down to Basic Authentication. Click OK, Apply and Next to complete the setup wizard.
12.) Once the configuration procedure is finished, you will see a confirmation page. Click Finish.
You should see your new Exchange account in the Accounts Settings window. When you next open Outlook, you may be prompted for your username and password. Enter it in the format cmpcntr\username. The first time Outlook connects to Exchange it will cache a local copy of your account. If there is mail already in your mailbox, this could take several minutes.