1.) Open the Mail program and click on the Mail menu. Select Preferences. Select the Accounts page if it isn't already selected by default. Any previously configured accounts will be displayed. Click the + symbol in the left hand corner to add an account. Enter the following information:
- Fullname: Your full name
- Email Address: Firstname.Lastname@trincoll.edu (alumni should use Firstname.Lastname.Year@trincoll.edu)
- Password: Enter an INCORRECT password Click Continue. It will request that the account be created manually. Click Continue.
2.) When prompted, enter the following information:
- Incoming Mail Server: imaps.trincoll.edu
- Outgoing Mail Server: smtps.trincoll.edu
- Account Name: username
- SSL SHOULD be selected
- Outgoing Mail Port (SMTP): 587
- Incoming Mail Port (IMAP): 993
- Authentication: Normal Password
3.) Click Create. Close the window. The first time Mail connects it will cache a local copy of your account. If there is mail already in your mailbox, this could take several minutes.