All Trinity faculty, staff and students should use TrinAir to connect to the wireless network. The Guest wireless network is only
for outsiders of the college and requires authentication. Any faculty or staff member can create an account for a guest. Students
with visitors may come to the Help Desk to receive a guest account.
1.) Go to the Trinity Portal (http://my.trincoll.edu) and click on the link Sponsor a Guest on the Network located under the
Resources and Services channel available on the Academics: General and Community: General tabs. (Only faculty and staff
will see this option within the portal. NOTE: If you are off campus, you will need a VPN connection to sponsor a guest.)
2.) When prompted, accept the certificate. Log in with your Trinity username and password.
3.) Click on the New button. Fill in the following information:
- Username: FirstnameLastname of the visitor (no spaces)
- Click the Generate button to create a random password
- Complete at least one other field so ITS can contact the visitor directly, if necessary
- Email Address: complete this field to have the guest account information emailed to the visitor
- Comments: any additional information regarding the visitor (here for a conference, etc.) can be added here
- Select an end date for the account to expire
- Sponsor: your Trinity username
4.) To view the account password information for the visitor, select Create and Print.
5.) Select the Logout link in the top right when you are done.
Connecting to the Guest Network
- From the Wireless Network icon on your computer, select the Guest network
- Once connected, open a web browser
- Enter your guest network login and password to authenticate