These instructions explain how to setup a Virtual Private Network (VPN) connection to access campus resources normally available only from Trinity's on-campus network, including file servers and library databases. These instructions are for Windows 8, 7 and Vista.
1.) Click on the Internet Access icon on the status bar (on the bottom right) and select Open Network and Sharing Center.
If you do not see the Internet access icon:
- Windows 8: From Desktop mode (if in Metro mode, click on the Desktop tile), and open the Charms bar (click on the upper
right corner of the screen). Click on the Search icon, select Apps as search field and type Control Panel. Open the Control Panel and select Open Network and Sharing Center.
- Windows 7 and Vista: Go to the Start menu (Windows logo) and select Control Panel. Select Network and Internet and click Connect to a Network.
2.) Click on Set up a new connection or network.
3.) Click on Connect to a workplace. Click Next.
4.) Click on Use my Internet connection (VPN).
5.) In the Connect to a Workplace window, enter the following information:
- Internet address: callahan.trincoll.edu
- Destination name: Trinity VPN (or you may name the connection anything y0u wish) Click Next.
6.) Enter the following information to configure VPN:
- User name: username (replace with your Trinity username)
- Password: password (replace with your Trinity password)
- Domain (optional): CMPCNTR Click Connect.
7.) You can connect and disconnect using the Internet access icon in the taskbar.