Note: Ethernet connections are the fastest and most reliable connections on our campus network. If you are in your
office or dorm room, we strongly encourage you to use a wired Ethernet connection instead of wireless. Wireless
should only be used in locations where an Ethernet jack is not conveniently available.
Register for Network Access
The registration process will automatically begin the first time you connect to Trinity's network and open a web browser.
An online registration form will display. If the form does not appear you can navigate to it at
- When prompted, enter your username and password
- Follow the directions to complete the registration process.
- Wait 2 minutes and restart your computer.
- Having problems? Wait and restart again. It may take up to 20 minutes for the registration process to complete.
- You will not need to register again until the next academic year.
If you cannot access Trinity websites to register your computer, follow the instructions below to ensure your computer
is properly configured. NOTE: These instructions are based on the default theme and menus of Windows.
Windows 10, 8 and 7
- Click on the Wireless Network icon or on the bottom right status bar. If you don't see this, ensure your wireless
card is on or enabled.
From the list of available wireless networks, click on TrinAir and then click Connect.
When prompted, enter your Trinity credentials:
- Windows 8: Make sure you are in Desktop mode (if in Metro mode, click on the Desktop tile) and ensure your
wireless card is on or enabled.
- your Trinity password
Click OK. When prompted with the Windows Security Alert window, click Connect. If you have problems, please
see the troubleshooting tips below.
- Make sure your wireless card is on or enabled. From the Start menu, select Connect To.
- In the Connect to a network window, select TrinAir and then click Connect.
- In the Enter Credentials window, enter your Trinity credentials:
A window opens stating "Additional log on information is required to connect to this network". Select the first option to
- User name: username
- Password: your Trinity password
- Logon domain: cmpcntr
Enter/select additional log on information.
In the Validate Server Certificate window, click OK. If you have problems, please see the troubleshooting tips below.
A.) Make sure your computer's power is plugged in (a low battery will impact your wireless connection).
B.) Signal strength is very important. Just because you can see TrinAir doesn't mean you will have a good/reliable
C.) Ensure that you do not have any viruses or malware. Update your computer's virus protection and malware
removal software and scan it. An infected computer may appear to work fine on an Ethernet wired connection, but may not
D.) Ensure TrinAir is enabled:
* For Windows 8 users: From Desktop mode (if in Metro mode, click on the Desktop tile), and open the Charms bar
(click on the upper right corner of the screen). Click on the Search icon, select Apps as search field and type
Control Panel. Open the Control Panel and select Open Network and Sharing Center. Right click on TrinAir, and
make sure that TrinAir is enabled.
* For Windows 7 and Vista users: click on the Start menu (Windows logo) > Control Panel > Network and Sharing
Center > Manage Wireless Properties. Right click on TrinAir, and make sure that TrinAir is enabled.
Connecting ChromeBooks to TrinAir
- Right click on TrinAir again, and select Properties
- The only options that should be checked are the following:
- check Connect automatically when this network is in range
- check Connect to a more preferred network if available
- Click on the Security tab, and confirm the following settings:
- Security type: WPA-Enterprise
- Encryption type: AES
- Choose a network authentication method: Microsoft: Protected EAP (PEAP)
- Check the option Cache user information for subsequent connections to this network
- Click on the Settings button, and confirm the following settings:
- Check Validate server certificate
- Only check Class 3 Public Primary Certification Authority
- Authentication method: Secured password (EAP-MSCHAP v2)
- Check Enable Fast Reconnect
- Click on the Configure button. In the EAP-MSCHAP v2 Properties window there is an option to
automatically use Windows logon name and password:
- Students will leave this option Unchecked
- Faculty and staff will Check this option
- Click OK to exit this window and all other windows. When prompted, enter your Trinity credentials.
ChromeBooks cannot connect to TrinAir automatically, but must be manually set up instead:
- From the WiFi menu, select TrinAir
- In the TrinAir window, click on the Configure button and enter the following settings:
- EAP Method: PEAP
- Phase 2 Authentication: MSCHAPv2
- Server CA Certificate: Do Not Check
- User Certificate: None Installed
- Identity: username
- Password: your Trinity password
- Anonymous Identity: <Leave blank>
- Check the box Save identity and password to save your credentials, and click the Connect button
- Accept the TrinAir certificate if you’re prompted.