Before you begin you must have the following:
- An Ethernet cable connected from your computer to an Ethernet jack
Register for Network Access
The registration process will automatically begin the first time you connect to Trinity's network and open a web browser.
An online registration form will display. If the form does not appear, you can navigate to it at
- When prompted, enter your username and password.
- Follow the directions to complete the registration process.
- Wait 2 minutes and restart your computer.
- Having problems? Wait and restart again. It may take up to 20 minutes for the registration process to complete.
- You will not need to register again until the next academic year.
If you cannot access Trinity websites to register your computer, follow the instructions below to ensure your computer
is properly configured.
1.) Click on the Network menu in the top right, and if the first menu item reads "AirPort: On", turn the AirPort off by
clicking on Turn AirPort Off
2.) From the Apple menu at the top left, select System Preferences
3.) From the Internet & Network option, select Network
4.) Under the Location drop down menu, select Automatic
5.) Select Ethernet from the menu of network devices
6.) Click on the Advanced button
7.) The drop down menu labeled Configure IPv4 should be set to Using DHCP
8.) Click the Renew DHCP Lease button