Trinity College has an agreement with Microsoft that allows current students, faculty and staff to install software for their personally owned computers.
Faculty and staff who require any of these applications on an office computer should contact the Help Desk for installation by a technician.
Please note this software is only available for current students and employees of the college. Alumni, retirees, affiliates, venders and withdrawn/past students are not eligible.
- Microsoft Office 2013 for Windows
- Microsoft Office 2016 (for Macs running OS X 10.10 or later) or Office 2011 (for earlier OS's)
How do I get it?
- First, remove any demo/trial versions of Office that may have come with your computer.
- Go to http://portal.office.com and enter your login credential in the following format:
- After entering your login and hitting the tab/return, the screen will change and you will see a Trinity College page. Enter your Trinity password.
- Once you have logged in, click on the Install Now or Install button and download the installer. The website automatically detects what system you are running and gives you the appropriate installer. Run the installer and follow the on screen instructions.
- The first time you launch and Office program, you will be prompted to enter your login information again:
- On Macs, the first time you launch applications, you will receive a keychain popup message. Click Always Allow so you do not have to sign into each application individually.
- You can install Office on up to 5 devices.
- More detailed instructions are available on the Educational Technology blog.
Discussion of OneDrive for Business
Microsoft OneDrive for Business is a cloud-based, file-sharing and storage utility that's available to Trinity College students, faculty and staff as a provision of the campus Office 365 service. When you use a web browser to access OneDrive, you can create and edit Microsoft Office documents (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, etc.) without actually having Office installed on your computer. You can access your Trinity OneDrive files from anywhere. You can also choose to share files with others.
It is recommended that confidential or sensitive data not be shared or stored on OneDrive.
Since OneDrive is a cloud-based service, data stored there can be accessed by any device (workstation, laptop, tablet or mobile phone) with access to the Internet. Although Microsoft has controls that ensure the security of technology in Trinity's managed environment, our customers are mobile and will most likely access data in a variety of ways, including potentially unsecure connections from their homes or off-campus businesses. The individual is responsible for assuring the security of the connection and device they are using. It is not possible for Trinity College to govern how OneDrive is being accessed by non-college computers or Internet connections. Additionally, when files are shared with others from a device that is infected with viruses or malware, the data will most likely be compromised.
What happens when I graduate/leave Trinity?
Your subscription will remain active as long as you are a
current student or employee. Once you graduate or leave the college your
free Office 365 subscription, including access to OneDrive, will end. You will, however, be given the
opportunity to purchase a license directly from Microsoft.
Please note that this applies to students who withdraw for a semester but plan to return. You will not have access to the Microsoft portal and its services while you are an inactive student.
Questions? Contact the Help Desk