Job Title Youth Development Professional
Pay Rate $9.60-10.50/hour
Location Boys & Girls Club; 1500 Broad Street, Hartford, CT
Last Modified 9/18/2015
Work Period Academic Year
Hours 5-20 hours/week
# of Positions Available 2
Contact Levar Mitchell
Contact Phone # (860) 727-4154
Mission To enable all young people, especially those who need us most, to reach their full potential as productive, caring, responsible citizens.
Responsibilities Develop, implement, supervise, and evaluate children and daily activities in a traditional Club environment.
- Coordinates program services and cooperative learning activities for members and visitors that are both fun and instructional
- Supervises members in the program area; ensures safety of members, positive values, and ethical behavior through quality in programs and appearance of the unit at all times
- Promotes and stimulates program participation
- Inventories all supplies necessary for program and submits requisitions for reordering. Maintains good order in program area.
- Maintains administrative reports and submits them in a timely manner
- Establishes positive relationships with children, their parents and/or guardians
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management
- Knowledge of youth development with a minimum of two years experience in youth programs
- Ability to motivate children and youth, and manage behavior problems in a positive manner
- Ability to deal with school officials, teachers and the general public in a professional, courteous manner
- Ability to plan and implement quality age-appropriate programs for children and youth
- Ability to organize and supervise members in a safe environment
- Good communication skills, both written and oral