FALL TERM ADMISSION
Students who wish to start their studies in September must complete the application process by April 1.
- September admission candidates who have properly completed their applications by the April 1 deadline will receive a decision no later than mid-June.
SPRING TERM ADMISSION
Students who wish to begin their studies in January are required to complete the application process by November 1.
- January admission candidates whose applications are properly completed by the November 1 deadline should receive a decision by early January.
All applicants must submit the following:
- The Common Application for Transfer Admission
- Mid-Term Report (Please print for offline submission only)
- Official Transcript(s) from every college/university attended
- Final High School Transcript
- Official Standardized Testing, if applicable: See standardized testing policy.
- Registrar Report (This form, stating an applicant is in good academic standing, MUST be submitted from ALL collegiate institutions attended)
- Academic Report (formerly College Instructor Evaluations)
- $60 nonrefundable application fee
No applicant shall be considered who is not in good standing at his or her college.
All materials submitted offline should be mailed to:
300 Summit Street
Hartford, CT 06106-3100
STANDARDIZED TESTING POLICIES
STANDARDIZED TESTING WAIVER
Trinity will waive the standardized testing requirement for transfer applicants who have a minimum of eight (8) completed full-credit courses (or the equivalent). In certain cases, the Office of Admissions may request standardized test scores from a transfer applicant if, after an initial review of the application, we determine that such testing is necessary to complete our decision process.
STANDARDIZED TESTING REQUIREMENTS
If an applicant does not qualify for the standardized testing waiver described above or is asked to submit standardized test scores after an initial review of a transfer application, that applicant must submit one or more of the following standardized testing options:
- any two SAT II Subject Tests
- the ACT (writing is recommended)
(Submission of any one option satisfies our standardized testing requirement.)
ENGLISH PROFICIENCY TESTING FOR NON-NATIVE ENGLISH SPEAKERS
The TOEFL is required for all non-native English speakers.
- The TOEFL is waived for students whose language of instruction has been English for the last three years.
- The IELTS will be accepted in lieu of the TOEFL.
THE TRINITY SCORE CHOICE POLICY
Trinity’s Office of Admissions considers an applicant’s highest section scores from all testing dates as part of our final admissions decision. (This policy includes both the SAT I and ACT.) Each time an applicant submits new scores, we will update his or her record with those scores. We strongly encourage applicants to submit his or her entire testing history because of this policy.
It is the applicant's responsibility to have test scores sent to the Admissions Office. Trinity's CEEB code is 3899; our ACT code is 0598.