The Trinity Institute for Interdisciplinary Studies wants to support your interdisciplinary projects—
Apply to the TIIS Works-in-Progress Colloquium!
Eligibility: All faculty members are eligible to apply for TIIS programs: Full, associate, and assistant professors, lecturers, visitors, and adjuncts! The stipend for all programs is $150 per Trinity participant.
Application process: Submit your proposal to TIIS@trincoll.edu. Proposals will be assessed on a first-come, first-served basis until all funding has been allocated.
Are you an untenured faculty member looking for a supportive intellectual environment?
JUNIOR FACULTY RESEARCH FELLOWSHIP
• Collaborate with 2–4 faculty from at least two departments/programs to discuss process, projects, and challenges in balancing research with teaching and service responsibilities.
• Your 1–2 page group proposal includes a brief explanation of each member’s project and a projected schedule of at least five meetings. Members submit brief reports on the outcomes for their work.
Are you looking to expand your intellectual horizons through discussion with peers in related disciplines?
FACULTY READING GROUPS
• Collaborate with 2–4 faculty from at least two departments/programs on a reading list.
• Your 1–2 page group proposal includes a brief explanation of your shared interests, a reading list, and a projected schedule of at least five meetings. Members submit brief reports on the readings’ impacts.
Would your developing project benefit from feedback by peers in related fields?
FACULTY RESEARCH GROUPS
• Collaborate with 2–4 faculty from at least two departments/programs whose research projects treat e.g. a common topic or time period.
• Your 1–2 page group proposal includes a brief explanation of shared interests and a schedule of meetings for developing each member’s project over 3–5 meetings. Members report on their projects’ development.
Would you like feedback on a completed manuscript before submitting it to a press or journal?
FACULTY MANUSCRIPT WORKSHOP
• Your 1–2 page proposal outlines your project and lists potential readers from Trinity and beyond.
• Workshops will include three Trinity faculty and one outside reader, chosen by the author(s) in consultation with the TIIS Co-Directors. The group will convene once to discuss the manuscript.
Questions? Please contact the TIIS Co-Directors Johannes Evelein and and Gail Woldu at: TIIS@trincoll.edu.
Please click here for the PDF version of the Faculty Works-in-Progress Colloquium flyer.