The Italian Table
Casual conversation in Italian over lunch! All levels welcome! Come meet Faculty members and students who wants to improve their conversation skills, learn more about Italy, parla italiano!
Where: Mather Hall When: Tuesday 12:15-1:15 How: you can use your meal plan cards!
The Italian Club
The Italian Club is organized according to the criteria stipulated by the Student Government Association for student organizations. The Italian Club provides members with an opportunity to explore Italian and Italian-American culture through the organization of bi-weekly activities. These activities are both educational and social in that they seek foster interest and appreciation for the culture and the societies of Italians and Italian-Americans. An important aspect of the Italian Club’s mission is to establish contacts with the Italian-American community of Hartford. This community outreach allows the membership to integrate themselves more fully into the dynamics of the city. The Italian Club has initiated and co-sponsored several activities, some geared toward its membership while others open to the entire campus community.
All Trinity undergraduate and graduate students interested in learning about Italian culture are eligible for membership; any person interested might be recognized as a member after attending at least one meeting or activity sponsored by the Club.
- Day trips to New York City, Boston and New Haven for the viewing of plays, exhibits and operas.
- Hartford Stage productions
- Annual MLL international party and poetry reading
- Public screenings of Italian films
- Visits to the Wadsworth Athenaeum
- Sponsor lecture series on Italian and Italian-American related issues, open to Trinity and the surrounding community.
- Formation of study groups for Italian courses
- Frequent excursions to Hartford’s Little Italy; Espresso & Cannoli hour at Mozziccato’s Caffe`.
- Working with Italian-American groups in the Hartford community.