Members of Phi Theta Kappa (PTK), the two-year college honor
society, are named IDP PTK Scholars at Trinity College and receive a
special PTK Scholarship if they meet certain criteria. As a PTK Scholar at Trinity, you will receive
a need-based financial aid award that will replace the loan portion of your
financial aid package with a PTK scholarship, enabling you to graduate without financial aid debt from
your time in IDP.
In order to be eligible to be an IDP PTK Scholar and receive
the grant, you must:
- Be a member in good standing
of the Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society;
- Receive an A.A. or A.S. degree in liberal arts or general studies from an accredited two-year college with a minimum GPA of 3.5 and 12 transferable courses;
- Begin enrollment at Trinity College immediately after graduation from the two-year college;
- Beginning in the second semester at Trinity, obtain a GPA of at least 3.0 and afterwards maintain both a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 and be in good standing; and
- Be eligible for institutional need-based assistance as determined by the Financial Aid Office.
PTK Scholarships are not available to students who have already earned their first bachelor's degree.
PTK-eligible IDP students will have their subsidized loan eilibility replaced with a PTK Scholarship award equal to the student's subsidized loan eiligibility after providing Trinity College with all documentation required for the scholarship, as outlined above.
For general questions about the Trinity IDP PTK Scholarship, please contact Roberta Rogers at 860.297.2150.