In order to receive a Trinity degree, IDP students must meet the following requirements:
- At least 18 course credits earned at Trinity, for a total of 36 including transfer credits.
- Completion of Trinity's general education requirements.
- Completion of a major.
- Beginning with students matriculating in the fall of 2013, students will be required to attain a cumulative grade point average of at least C (2.000).
General Education Requirements
- Fulfillment of these foundation requirements: writing (basic), writing (intensive), quantitative literacy, knowledge of a second language, and global engagement.
- Completion of the IDP Transitional Seminar.
- Fulfillment of distribution requirements in the arts, humanities, natural sciences, numerical and symbolic reasoning, and social sciences.
The foundation and distribution criteria may be fulfilled in a variety of ways. For example, the basic writing and quantitative literacy requirements may be satisfied by assessment examinations; the IDP Transitional Seminar fulfills half of the intensive writing requirement; and transfer credits may be applied to other requirements.