A three-day leadership conference for women of the Class of 2018
Get to know your future classmates through sessions on team building, strengths assessment, and leadership exercises. Build your confidence as you begin your academic career and network with alumnae, faculty and students.
Make new friends and widen your horizons. It could change your life.
The application period has closed.
All communications to Venture applicants and participants will be done through your Trinity email account.
Conference Schedule Overview
Thursday, August 21
- Registration and light hors d’oeuvres
- Welcome dinner
- Breakout session and ice cream social
Friday, August 22
- Team building from Venture groups
- Leadership strengths/characteristics panel discussion
- Strengths assessment activity
- “You Belong at Trinity” (student/young alumnae panel on leadership opportunities)“Establishing Your Voice in the Classroom” (round table discussions led by faculty)
- Managing stress
- Optional workout time
- Situational leadership session
Saturday, August 23
“Venture gave me the tools to enhance the skills I never knew I had – skills that helped me find my voice and my place on this campus.”
- Keynote address: “Effective Leadership,” by Joanne Berger-Sweeney, president-elect of Trinity College
- “Connections Matter” (trustee panel)
- Evaluations and goal-setting letter to your future self
- Graduation lunch and photo
“My best friends on campus were made with Venture girls.”
“Venture Trinity helped make my transition to Trinity smooth and incredibly fun.”
“Those couple of days in Trinity Venture shaped my entire college career.”