Get on campus early and make new and lasting friendships!
Learn more about Trinity College and Hartford and yourself!
- Arrival, check-in and move-in: Monday, August 26.
Pre-orientation kick-off and BBQ: Monday afternoon and evening.
- Programs take place Tuesday and Wednesday, Aug. 27-28.
- Students then join First-Year Orientation, Thursday, Aug. 29.
- Ten programs (download the pdf) run by faculty, staff and student leaders.
- Programs focus on Trinity College and Hartford.
- Fun and engaging activities around campus, around town!
- Each program accommodates 15-25 students. Space is limited.
(As of July 3, 2013 the "Amazing Race to Get to Know Hartford and Each Other" program is full.)
- Cost: $100 per student (some fee waivers possible)
If you think you would like to come onto campus early and participate in one of these programs, you should read the descriptions
. If any of the programs interest you, you should fill out the application on your portal
. Applications are due by July 30, but students will be placed on a first-come first-served basis, so you are encouraged to apply early. You may indicate interest in as many programs as you would like. However, you will only be able to participate in one program. We will notify students as soon as possible about program placement, no later than the first week in August.
Students who participate in pre-orientation programs should plan to arrive on campus on Monday, August 26. Students who are participating in PRIDE will arrive on Saturday, August 24 and are strongly encouraged to take part in the pre-orientation programs.
Food and lodging will be provided for all participants of these programs. There is a $100 fee for participating in the programs – this will be billed directly to your student account. Some fee waivers are available.
Program size is limited – each program can accommodate 15-25 students.
If you have any questions about these programs, the registration process or a fee waiver, please contact Dr. Alison Draper (firstname.lastname@example.org), the coordinator of the programs.