US PROBATION OFFICE FOR CT
450 Main Street, Room 735
Hartford, CT 06103
INTERNSHIP CONTACT: Mr. Otto Rothi, 860-240-3661; email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
AGENCY FUNCTION: The United States Probation Office for the District of Connecticut, a division of the US Courts, is accepting applications from juniors and seniors interested in pursuing a career in criminal justice, law or information technology. This is an excellent opportunity for student majoring in sociology, psychology, public policy/law and information technology.
INTERN ACTIVITIES: Students will observe and participate in the criminal justice process at the pretrial, sentencing and supervision stages. For a complete package of information including detailed intern responsibilities, please contact email@example.com. Internships are currently available in Hartford, New Haven and Bridgeport offices. Or, you can go to: http://www.ctd.uscourts.gov/ctp/.
Students interested in this internship must contact a faculty representative for a recommendation for placement. This recommendation will include your qualifications for this internship.
In addition, students must submit:
- Recommendation letter from faculty affirming your qualifications for internship
- Letter of Intent
- Two applications:
- AO78 Federal Judiciary Branch, Application for Employment
- Student Intern Supplemental Application form
- Resume (Optional)
- Copy of undergraduate transcript
Students must commit to:
- Maintain a 2.5 GPA
- Undergo a background investigation and FBI fingerprint check
- Dress appropriately for court
- Demonstrate professional and mature behavior capable of carrying out intern activities
HOURS PER WEEK: Work a minimum of 10 hours per week to a maximum of 20 hours per week
INTERNSHIP AVAILABLE: FALL: Yes; SPRING: Yes; SUMMER: Possible
Summer semester applicants: 4-15-11
Fall semester applicants: 8-31-11
Spring semester applicants: 12-1-11