Career Exploration Treks are one- to two-day trips in which groups of 10-15 students visit companies and organizations in a specific industry or sector. By meeting with alumni and parents at their places of work, students have the opportunity to develop professional networks, interact with employers and recruiters, and learn about career paths from industry leaders.
Typically held during Trinity Days or during winter or spring breaks, Career Exploration Treks are ideal for students seeking exposure to a range of career possibilities in their areas of interest.
In 2014-15, the Career Development Center will lead the following treks:
- Hartford: Non-Profits and Social Services (January 15, 2015)
- New York: Media and Communications (February 26-27, 2015)
- New York: Financial Services (February 26-27, 2015)
- Boston: Technology and Enineering (February 26-27, 2015)
- Boston: Law (February 26-27, 2015)
- Chicago: Careers in Chicago (Spring Break 2015)
Students can apply to participate in Treks through Trinity CareerLink.
Hosting a Trek
The Career Development Center sponsors Career Exploration Treks during Trinity Days and at other times throughout the year. Treks cover a wide array of industry areas, from business and finance to marketing and communications to fine arts. Employers, alumni, and parents interested in hosting a group of students at their place of work may contact us at (860) 297-2080 or firstname.lastname@example.org.