Since 2007, the Sustainability Task Force (STF) has worked to promote sustainability on campus. The STF originally formed to oversee the creation of a campus Climate Action Plan as a result of President James F. Jones, Jr. signing the American College and University President's Climate Commitment.
In Spring 2013, the STF produced a Sustainability Strategic Plan for 2013 (SP13). SP13 centers campus sustainability work around 35 projects that are achievable within a year.
The STF continues to meet regularly to monitor progress towards the Climate Action Plan and SP13, explore other sustainability initiatives for the campus, and plan future sustainability efforts. Membership in the STF is open to students, staff, and faculty on campus and currently includes:
- Joe Barber, Director of The Office of Community Service and Civic Engagement
- Toby Chenette, Director of Chartwells Dining Service
- Amy DeBaun, Director of The Office of Campus Life
- Zach Erickson, Chartwells Dining Service
- Johannes Evelein, Associate Professor of Language and Culture Studies
- Michele Jacklin, Director of Media Relations
- Marcia Johnson, Budget Director
- Johanna German, Class of 2015
- Giuliani Lopez, Graduate Assistant, The Office of Community Service and Civic Engagement
- Karen Misbach, EH&S Manager and Sustainability Coordinator
- Joan Morrison, Charles A. Dana Research Professor of Biology
- Paula Russo, Associate Professor of Mathematics
- Lucille St. Germain, Special Events & Calendar Office
- Kira Sargent, EH&S and Sustainability Assistant
- Angie Wolf, Director of Planning and Operations, Information Technology
The STF looks at all aspects of campus activity, including energy consumption, procurement, transportation, construction and renovations, recycling and waste, grounds management, and dining, and recommends ways to become more environmentally sustainable.
If you have questions about what we are doing or how you can get involved, please email Sustainability@Trincoll.edu.