Since 2007, the Sustainability Task Force (STF) has worked to promote sustainability on campus. The STF originally formed to oversee the creation of a campus Climate Action Plan as a result of President James F. Jones, Jr. signing the American College and University President's Climate Commitment.
In Spring 2013, the STF produced a Sustainability Strategic Plan for 2013 (SP13). SP13 centers campus sustainability work around 35 projects that are achievable within a year.
Link to the 2013 Progress Report
The STF continues to meet regularly to monitor progress and explore other sustainability initiatives for the campus, and plan future sustainability efforts. Membership in the STF is open to students, staff, and faculty on campus and currently includes:
- Joe Barber, Director of Community Service and Civic Engagement
- Vanja Babunski '17
- Toby Chenette, Director of Chartwells Dining Service
- Joe DiChristina, Dean of Campus Life, Vice President of Student Affairs
- Johannes Evelein, Professor of Language and Culture Studies
- Christoph Geiss, Professor of Physics and Environmental Science
- Jonathan Gourley, Senior Lecturer & Laboratory Coordinator in Environmental Science
- Jay Laliberte, Environment, Health & Safety Manager
- Isabelle Moore '18
- Joan Morrison, Charles A. Dana Research Professor of Biology
- Michael Renwick, Director of Athletics, Chair of Physical Education Department
The STF looks at all aspects of campus activity, including energy consumption, procurement, transportation, construction and renovations, recycling and waste, grounds management, and dining, and recommends ways to become more environmentally sustainable.
If you have questions about what we are doing or how you can get involved, please email Sustainability@Trincoll.edu.