Email Sustainability@Trincoll.edu or call x4072 with additional questions.
WHAT CAN I RECYCLE AT TRINITY?
Trinity uses single-stream recycling. Recycle all of the following items in any recycling bin on campus:
- Paper & Paperboard (all types, staples and tape OK)
- Bottle & cans
- Plastics #1-7 (no styrofoam or plastic bags)
- Cardboard (break down and leave next to recycling bins)
For more information, visit the Sustainability Task Force Campus Guide
I LIVE IN A THEME HOUSE OR FRATERNITY, HOW DO I RECYCLE?
Trinity staff collect the trash and recycling from most buildings on Vernon Street. There are two options for collection:
Notify the Facilities department when you begin recycling by calling x2444 and providing your address. For questions, clear bags, or bin requests email Sustainabiltiy@trincoll.edu.
- Collect recycling in clear plastic bags and leave these bags next to your trash dumpster.
- Collect recycling in a large covered blue bin and leave the bin next to your trash dumpster. Make sure the bin is clearly labeled recycling.
WHERE CAN I BRING HARD TO RECYCLE ITEMS?
- Compact Fluorescent light bulbs, batteries with heavy metals, and small electronics waste: Bring to thecollection centers on the first floor of Mather and Jacobs Life Sciences.
- Ink toner cartridges: Bring these back to the store where you bought them or to Faces Lounge in the basement of Mather.
- Computers: Call x2100 to arrange pick up or drop-off.
- Miscellaneous Bulk Items (e.g., boxes of DVDs and VHS tapes): Call Kira Sargent at x4072 to help find a recycling alternative to disposal.
HOW CAN I REQUEST A RECYCLING BIN?
Visit the facilities request page Facilities.trincoll.edu.